Stress at work – serious issue or the new bad back?
For Integra’s next employment law seminars, we are teaming up with stress busting expert Julian Hall of Calm People. By combining his knowledge around the human side of stress with Wayne Smith’s legal expertise, we aim to provide you with double insights into this complex and interesting subject.
We start the session with a brief update of recent and forthcoming changes to employment law affecting your business.
After this, Wayne Smith of Integra Legal and Julian will take you on a whistle-stop tour of all employers need to know about stress at work, its impact on the business and the individual, and strategies for managing the problem.
To book your FREE place, go to:
Nottingham: Wednesday 15th June 2016 at Antenna Media Centre, Beck Street, Nottingham NG1 1EQ. Click here to book.
London: Thursday 16th June 2016 at Integra’s London office at 20 Little Britain, London EC1A 7DH. Click here to book.
Details for both events are:
3.00-3.30pm: Registration and light refreshments
Key issues discussed:
- The impact of stress at work
- Why our 21st century lifestyle appears to exacerbate it
- The symptoms – tell tale signs there might be a problem – and how stress is experienced individually
- Issues for employers:
- Health and safety responsibilities – employer and employee
- The Equality Act 2010 and disability
- Unfair dismissal
- Personal injury claims
- The Five Pillars – a unique model that helps the individual understand their relationship with stress
- Essential tactics and strategies to mitigate stress – personal or organisational?
- Managing stress at work:
- Long term and intermittent sickness absence
- Managing performance
- Disability discrimination and reasonable adjustments
- Support systems and expert evidence
- If all else fails – dismissal.
About the speakers
Julian Hall has more than 20 years’ experience of working in challenging corporate environments and dealing with change programmes, and also has extensive experience in counselling, facilitation and training techniques.
For 6 years, Calm People have been delivering emotional resilience programmes to businesses and individuals, from workshops on how to identify and beat anger, to helping individuals to combat stress by improving their emotional resilience.
Calm People work with clients as large as Morrisons, Virgin Media and Schroders Investment as well as owner-managed business across the UK and abroad.
Wayne Smith is a specialist employment solicitor and founder of Integra Legal. The team at Integra assists household names and SMEs, providing practical and commercial employment law advice and support.